Thursday, 10 May 2012

Sew Happy!

Oooohhh it was all go at Shingle Cottage over the weekend,we had all our wiring updated and new fuse boxes fitted and flooring went down in the attic...old concrete paths were broken up in the garden and piled high ready for a skip which will arrive in a few weeks,hedges were cut and our new toilet was fitted.

We can now use our new bathroom which is heaven and the shower is really powerful,i can actually get the soap bubbles out of my hair unlike the old one.....

We had our friends stay with us which was really fun,it was lovely to see their children snuggled up in front of an open fire watching tv while we worked away and a big thank you to Roy and Andrea they helped us do so much  and they are coming to stay in a few weeks time to help fit those bow windows i posted last time,wow things are really moving along and it won't be long before i am hanging blinds and arranging furniture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today the rain is softly pitter pattering outside the window of my sewing room here in the city,i have the lamp on which makes it look oh so cozy and i am happily working away,with fabrics,beads and vintage millinery while listening to Debussy Clair de Lune......it is one of my most favourite classical pieces of music to listen to although if you could see my ipod you would be surprised at how different my taste is from track to track......as i sit here writing this post life seems good....really good,i am happy,i love those moments don't you? 

I have my lined dry crumpled fabric hanging ready to made into something pretty and my imac to listen to music or to play a movie on,it is lovely for inspiration or taking a break and reading your blogs.....

I sew most of my work on my old Antique/English white Cresta sewing machine,i found her on Ebay many moons ago and fell in love with her straight away.....i have thought of sanding the wood in the past and white washing it or painting it pink but so far i have resisted.....
A vintage style doll i made named Rose sits quietly in the background watching the goings on,she is made with vintage fabrics and antique lace......resting next to her is a pretty  Boudoir pillow made with soft pink french linen and lace...
I have created a lot of pretty things in this sewing room........

My Belle Epoque Hat....
A memories purse for a dear blogging friend....
A boudoir cushion for a very creative blogging friend...
A little white swan was decorated.....
I made her a  Marie Antoinette style hat box to rest upon......
And a sweet floral hat to rest inside.................
All three were proudly featured in Creating Vintage Charm Magazine....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today i am working on an antique wedding dress sleeve and have gathered together soft aqua velvet trim,a ruffled flower,fresh water pearls and french silver beads,it is too beautiful not to be worn again....i use my sons old pine computer desk as it is a great size to fit everything on,i didn't paint it as it won't be going with us to Shingle Cottage....

My new sewing and crafting room  will be in the attic at Shingle Cottage...

It needs a lot of work doing to it as you can see  and a window or two.....i have this room all decorated in my mind and it will be very feminine,i have an old wrought iron daybed which i will pile high with vintage floral duvets and a floral standard lamp that will give me that cozy glow i love so much....it has to be just as i imagine it as i am going to start my own little shop full of pretty sewn pieces and plan to spend a lot of time working up here..i will start small with an Etsy shop and see where that takes me......

So today i am here and simply enjoying being  Sew Happy and dreaming of my attic and what the future may bring........


We will be driving back to Shingle Cottage in the morning...i hope your weekend is a happy one wherever you are and whatever you are up to!

XxX 

 


Joining Show and Tell at My Romantic Home

7 comments:

  1. Love your sewing area.That doll is so sweet.Love that old sewing machine.I can't wait to see your new sewing/creating room when it is finished.How fun to have a special place of your own.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new sewing room will look wonderful with so much room, I'm sure you will make it dreamy like this room.
    Regards,
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you do make the most amazing things, loaded with care and details~I was blown away by the hat box! I love looking at vintage ribbon artwork in frames, and that kind of reminds me of taking that craft to the next level~your attic space is a bonus isn't it? What a great space that will be for you~love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you. I couldn't believe that one day you were there and the next you were gone. By searching Shabbily Streamside, I guessed at one of the posts and WHA LA. I had just started following you on Pinterest when you disappeared. I really enjoy your creativity with your sewing projects and have enjoyed watching your cottage come together. And you are an Apple girl. You had put so much work into your blog and I know others have complained that their blogs somehow disappeared. I felt sad for you and all of your hard work just gone, but I glad that you are back. See yo soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pics, and how everything is falling into place. So glad your dreams are coming true...best wishes Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! The machine looks divine! Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Krissie I love this little peek inside your sewing room and I spyed a wonderful piece of floral fabric behind your lovely My Belle Epoque hat, is there anyway that you can send me a picture of that fabric??? XO Christie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x