Friday, 3 August 2012

Love Is All You Need

Last weekend at Shingle Cottage.......
I was sat on  tiny pebbles painting a hall table in one of my favorite Annie Sloan paints 'Versailles' ...... Steve was laying new floorboards in the kitchen doorway and we were chatting about this and that and future plans for Shingle Cottage ....the sun was shining and the hydrangea were in full bloom...the perfume from a rose called 'Spirit of freedom' was wafting across our cottage garden and i could hear the waves crashing on the shore....

The word love comes to mind....

My love of painting furniture...

My love of gardening....

My love of roses and their perfume....

My love of the beach and the sound of the waves......

My love for Steve and his love of our Shingle Cottage......

I was painting a large mirror  that when we bought it was originally black and red ughhh!!....last weekend at Shingle Cottage and the first coat of Country beige looked two flat and blended into the faux wall i had painted,you can see on the left....i then painted it in Versailles on the right and it looked too green next to the pale aqua on the fireplace so i painted it all over in Old White leaving some of the Versailles showing and i left it to dry.......This made me think of my love for my Mum who told me if something isn't right do it over......you can always do better and get something to look how you want it to.....don't give up if others can do it why can't you? learn and practice...this advice  become gospel to me as i spread my wings and left my parents home at twenty years of age....I will get the look i love this weekend....
I dropped those two Frenchy cabinets i showed you last time off at my clients house this week and she loved them...I was thrilled she was so happy with them but the best part for me was the look on Steve's face he was really proud and happy for me.... I want to say a big thank you to all of you how left me lovely comments here on my blog and Facebook,you guys are the best x......before or after?.....
Pretty kitchen? hmmmm see the reflection in the mirror? this weekend we will be dealing with the ugly side of the kitchen that you guys don't get to see....oh and see the chandelier rose is loose on the ceiling can you guys point that out if you see that again? ;) i forget to tighten it every weekend!....see the draining board in the right hand corner below? if we swing the camera across to the right...
You will see is the other side of the kitchen below...gross huh?.......Steve built the false half cladded wall that you can see behind the sink last weekend so that we will have a huge window ledge right across the room....
The white ledge you can see is actually a part for the outside but Steve just popped it on to give us an idea of what it would be like and i said "oh a beautiful plastic window ledge covered in junk!...Steve i love you so much you always know what i want and my blogging buddies are going to love this" haha ok maybe i didn't ;).....

We have packed in our car that ever popular double belfast looking sink from Ikea it is surprisingly gorgeous in real life and is a really great price too! i also have a table and lots of bits and bobs for the kitchen,stay tuned ;)...........
Here's the plan ;)

Ikea sink and unit underneath

Two cupboards with a drawer in the top on either side under work top

Wood worktop right across with cut out for sink

Wide window ledge over hanging with a curved cut out for the tap

Space left for an under counter fridge down at the far end which i will make a ruffled curtain to pull 
across giving that pretty cottage look

We are taking some old Victorian staircase spindles in different sizes to customize our sink unit..as always we will work it out together when we get there... 

                                 Love planning together and Love sharing it with you my friends....
I packed our ipod full of oldies and newies too..........you should hear us singing together haha... Love having fun together....
We were invited to our friends caravan last Saturday evening for a meal...it was lovely and looked nothing like a caravan? it was beautiful like a cozy cottage and sported blue wood shutters outside and a huge deck outside with railings and flowers everywhere...Caravans have changed a little since i was a child.....this Saturday we have been invited over the road to our neighbors for a meal and drinks....it was so nice getting ready to go out from Shingle Cottage last week....everyone says about us  'they get up at the crack of dawn and work until the sun goes down' which is true but when you are doing something you love with someone you love it is never work and you have to work hard at your dreams or they don't come true......i am looking forward to having an evening off again and getting dressed up to spend the evening laughing like last week..... Love friends..............
So if you need me i will be down at Shingle Cottage doing what i love the most Painting,singing and building a dream with my Love.....


Have a lovely weekend my Shingle Cottage friends and tune in next time to see how our sink ideas have turned out.....

XxX

8 comments:

  1. You are such a good writer! I can feel the happiness in your words and I am so happy for you and all that is good going on in your life right now! That pink hydrangea is gorgeous--how in the world did you get that shade of pink? Mine this year are hot pink and I think I should have put some lime on them or something. Anyway--love your posts and you and I have so much in common. I would love to be painting, with all those wonderful smells, and listening to favorite music. Sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your changed table!!! What a beautiful colour! Such projects are fun, and yours turn out lovely! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lubie do ciebie zaglądać i podziwiać postępy ..Śliczny będzie dom..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh its gonna be a lovely weekend at shingle cottage~have fun with your friends, and be glad to know you two are the lucky ones!! YOu have each other and you share a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you hold an open house when the cottage is done and invite us all. You could do a virtual tour, a skype tour, a face time tour, or maybe I'd just have to buy a plane ticket. The cottage is going to be absolutely wonderful. Could you explain what a caravan is? I am thinking that it is what we call here in the States a travel trailer or a camp trailer or a camper or an RV (recreational vehicle). And of course I am drooling over your hydrangea. I have started doing as you suggested--feeding mine coffee grounds. Have a lovely week end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adore your blog! Am going to grab a cup of tea and look right through it ... found you through Tracy from If I knew you were coming and so glad I did. I share your love of Annie Sloan chalk paint, and it's good to get ideas from others. Have a lovely weekend

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I am just stopping by to tell you that I have given you a award its over at my blog I hope you have a lovely weekend. And what a great job you have done on the table. Oh by the way I have now given you a new nick name "Antoinette". Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I have a little surprise for you, over at my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x