Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Spring has Sprung

Hello,Hello! I have been missing in action haven't i? Anyone there?

Oh hello! I see you :)

I was up nice and early on Sunday morning at Shingle Cottage and while Steve had a much needed lay in i had a lovely half hour with a slice of battenburg,An almond finger and the latest copy of Country Living....Heaven on earth it was for me in my little kitchen by the sea......


With Vera Lynn  singing away as i drank my cup of tea it was a lovely way to wake up....The old ones are the best as they say!


We love Strawberry jam on toast and honey in tea for our breakfast...Tea and toast is nice anytime of day though isn't it?


A little display i created now that Spring is on it's way i'm calling it 'April In Paris!'


Pretty pots and candy colored flowers help say goodbye to Winter......Mini bunting in aqua and pink that i have ready to hang in a little spot  where the oven will be.....

Steve fit an extractor fan under the old cupboards for when the oven arrives which meant i had to take all the little shelves of china and cupboards down....


But that was a good thing  because the wire shelf on the left i had put too high last time and i couldn't get much on the top shelf so i was happy i could move it lower down.....I moved the baking cupboard with the glass door over to the right with a matching pink shelf that i will be able to pop baking things on.

We were given another butchers block too which has had it's first coat of pink paint,you can just see it on the left and that made the decision to have a smaller cream cooker right in the middle so i can have working tops on either side,Ignore the pile of  bits to be painted and the  put us on while we are building  microwave,Neither will be staying!


The weather was beautiful the weekend before last and gulls soared high above Shingle Cottage.... 



It must have been lovely for them to feel the warmth of the sun on their feathers as they glided high above....


The pigeons joined them as they set off on their huge circle of flight with the sun flashing on their wings,I love to watch them do this and it always makes me stop what i am doing and it makes me smile reminding me off my childhood home and the pigeons that would circle my parents house.


They fly out over the sea and back over their home and over Shingle Cottage their wings making a ruffled beating and then back out to sea! Their they go!!!! Round and round and round until they land happily on their home and walk about cooing and chattering to each other before settling down....

Although we are still having bitterly cold days maybe they are feeling Spring is in the air too? 


The farmers fields are bright green and it looks wonderful against the blue skies....Aaaahhhh England's green and pleasant land.....


Our cottage garden is waking up too...The huge white daisy,Snow drops,Penstemon and daffodils are showing their heads too....I have some gardening on my horizon and i can not wait!


Back inside you can see i wallpapered inside the wardrobe Steve built and painted where the shelves will be in pink.....A little more work to be done in here.



Steve popped the chandelier up in the bedroom too and we hung it from the middle of the beam he made,I need to get up there this week and put it's pink bobeche dishes on and hang the rest of the crystals...I brought my Frenchy bedside cabinets in too to see how they looked against the pink walls,I need to put the marble tops on this weekend,Always something to do but always getting closer to home...

Steve has been busy building in the laundry room and i was up to something last weekend that i want to show you next time,I have lots of pictures and i think i will write my next blog post tonight and then you can read all about it before or over your weekend.

Join me next time for tales from the Laundry and my goings on from Shingle Cottage....
XxX

29 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy, Hope you enjoy your stay in the sky.
    Love the tour of your cottage. It is so pretty. You have some beautiful things.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,I just ADORE your posts, the things you do and have are SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!I LOVE your little parisian montage.I cannot wait for the next post!!Very best regards Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam :)
      Thank you! You are always so kind! I am writing it tonight ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. We've had colder days the last week than we did all month, but it is looking more like spring here too. There always seems to be so many little things before the final move, I'm sure you feel like you have been moving for a long time : ) Best wishes, I hope it all goes smooth as it should. Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spoke too soon Patty! It's white over with frost here this morning but the sun is shining so beautifully so i don't think it will be frosty for long.
      I sometimes feel like i will never get there ;)
      Hope all is well with you xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Pam,

    I read every post on our blog.. I missed the one before this so I just went back and read it. I so agree with on blogging and friends that you make. My dream is to own a cottage just like yours, I love all that you and your husband have done to make it your own special place. I cannot tell you how I wait to see your newest post and all that you have done... we have so much in common... even from so far away! I have a blog but have not written on it in a very long time. Like you loosing your sister I lost my Mom 3 years ago this month. I just cant get over the fact that she is gone, there is not a day that goes by that I dont think of her and miss her so very much. I hope that some day I can bring myself to write again and share my dreams, wishes and love of everything. In the mean time I will continue to follow your dreams watching you build your wonderful cottage by the sea. I cannot wait until the day you finally move in and can enjoy it each and every moment of the day. I hope we can become great blogging friends on day.

    Lorene
    Thegildedcherub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam,

    I read every post on our blog.. I missed the one before this so I just went back and read it. I so agree with on blogging and friends that you make. My dream is to own a cottage just like yours, I love all that you and your husband have done to make it your own special place. I cannot tell you how I wait to see your newest post and all that you have done... we have so much in common... even from so far away! I have a blog but have not written on it in a very long time. Like you loosing your sister I lost my Mom 3 years ago this month. I just cant get over the fact that she is gone, there is not a day that goes by that I dont think of her and miss her so very much. I hope that some day I can bring myself to write again and share my dreams, wishes and love of everything. In the mean time I will continue to follow your dreams watching you build your wonderful cottage by the sea. I cannot wait until the day you finally move in and can enjoy it each and every moment of the day. I hope we can become great blogging friends on day.

    Lorene
    Thegildedcherub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorene :)
      Thank you! I used to dream all the time of one day living by the sea and it came true,Keep your dreams in your heart,Life can give us some real knocks can't it? so sorry to read you lost your Mum,Give yourself time you will write of your loves and hopes and dreams again you are the same girl inside and everything is where it use to be but you are hurting and it takes time x
      It is so hard when loved ones have left us and it does take your sparkle,It is hard getting it back and i am still struggling but i am fighting it,We will have that happily ever after Lorene :)
      Hugs to you xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Pam,
    Oh darn I just wrote you a very long post and somehow it didnt post. I just wanted to let you know that I love everything about your blog and your wonderful cottage. I look forward to each and every one of your posts. I feel we have so much in common even though we live so very far apart. I too lost my mother like you lost your sister, I feel your pain as I miss my dear mom each and everyday. I also have a blog but have not written on it in such a really long time, hopefully someday I will find a way to write about the things that make me happy. But for now I will continue to follow your blog and read about all the wonderful work you and your husband have done to make it so special. I so hope to one day become blogging friends. I cannot wait until you move into your little cottage by the sea and hear all about how much your are enjoying your special precious new home. I hope you have a wonderful week.
    Lorene
    Thegildedcherub

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, so glad to read you are still in heaven, aka Shingle Cottage. Though I've read many of your posts since first becoming a follower, I've decided to go back to the beginning and read them all. Am hoping one contains the story of how you acquired the cottage ... would love to know all about its history. Wishing you the very best as you continue to "nest."
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane :)
      Hhhmmm i'm not sure if there is such a post,Maybe i will write one especially for you!
      Hope your days is beautiful x

      Delete
  8. As always, so glad to read you are still in heaven, aka Shingle Cottage. Though I've read many of your posts since becoming one of your biggest fans, I have decided to go back and read them all. Am hoping one (or more) will share how you came about acquiring the cottage. I'd love to know all about its history. Best wishes as you continue your "nesting."
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cottage is so close to being finished and sounds like your boy has fledged nicely. He sounds like a lovely young lad, responsible and smart. Life will seem strange for a while with him on his own. Spring is weeks away here yet. We are recovering from a bit of snow and very cold temps. I am anxious to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so excited Ann and he has turned into a lovely lad,His Mum would be so proud of him.
      Yes it will be strange i think we are going to miss each other terribly but won't it lovely when he comes to stay and i can cook his favourite roast dinner?
      We have frost here this morning but lovely blue sky and bright sunshine,When Steve left for work a flock of Canadian geese flew over honking so Spring must be on her way xxx

      Delete
  10. Your home is so beautiful--I always enjoy your posts. Your weather looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy...It is lovely and blue again today,It is so nice to see the sun after all the rains we had xxx

      Delete
  11. I've been looking out for your posts....it's all very beautiful. Glad to hear your boy has settled in his new abode that all is well with you. Stunning pics as usual. Look forward to your next post. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon :)
      Thank you,I just popped over to your Blog and now i am thinking were i could have a dark wall?
      xxx

      Delete
  12. oh I love it! can i come for tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pop the kettle on! See you soon xxx

      Delete
  13. You must be counting the days...
    How exciting to be on the final push...
    Wishing your boy every happiness in his new home too.
    Love the wardrobe interior - it will be such a joy to use.
    You've seen blue skies? I've not seen sky that colour for weeks!

    Thanks so much for adding my little shop to your blog's sidebar. I feel so honoured.
    Thank you for your friendship too! ;-))xx

    Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are Niki!
      We are moving our boy on Sunday afternoon when we come home from the coast eek!
      You are welcome! Thank you for letting me share your beautiful shop here on my blog!
      Thank you for your friendship too my Nostalgic friend :0 xxx

      Delete
  14. Ok, pretty much nothing could be prettier than the pink in the closet paired with that wallpaper and the color on the closet door! It looks incredible! So sweet that your son thinks of Shingle Cottage as home, that's a pretty big deal energetically.... and i love that you had the time to have goodies and tea and listen to the oldies. When i'm in a certain mood, nothing but oldies will do...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Cindy ;) x
      I'm painting the shelves this weekend and then i will be able to fill it with pretty dresses and jeans sigh!
      xxx

      Delete
  15. I just love your blog and I'm sooooo pleased I found it, I too live near the sea in Ayr town and the beach is less than a ten minute walk and I just enjoy beyond words the long walks I have.
    Your cottage though is (I think) everyones dream and although I've said it before, I wish you health and happiness there.
    Please can you start listing the name of the paints/wallpaper you are using in Shingle cottage, I love them all but would love the wallpaper and paint combo you have in the wardrobe as I would like to use it in my bedroom. So please let us all know! Many happy wishes. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary :)
    Ahh thank you so much for such a lovely comment!
    I can not wait for walks by the sea on a morning and an evening just like you!.
    Ok the wallpaper in the wardrobe is Laura Ashley 'Josette' in linen and the pink paint is Dulux matt emulsion in 'sorbet' and the wardrobe doors are Annie Sloan chalk paint in Chateau Grey,There you go! Have fun love Krissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks very much for this info and I'm away right now to hunt for the paper, I also have my trusty tape at hand (never far from my side) to measure things for my room. I meant to say, there are a few blogs which have drawn me ever closer to try doing one of my own, and yours is right up there, thank you for that!I'll do it one day. Thank's again. Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x