Thursday, 15 August 2013

Home Sweet Home


Life is settling down here at Shingle Cottage .....Everything is new and there has and still is lots to do.
Monday to Friday Steve has to work and sleep in the city which is  hard for both of us,It's not forever but it is hard to be apart from someone you love for so much of the week. 

Still  for our dream to come true it is a small price to pay and we get so excited talking on the phone Thursday nights and Steve always says 'one more sleep' and that one more sleep was last night which means he will be home today for a lovely weekend :)

The weather report is looking good so we will no doubt be working hard  sneaking off to the beach ;)

You can hear the Summer waves tumbling into shore  from our cottage  garden and when the sun is shining it is all too tempting to not want to clamber down to the beach...

Down we go through sandy steps....


Through long grass and poppies....It's quite a way down...'Watch your footing'


Oh the sound of the waves is the first thing that gets me every time....There isn't a prettier tune....


Ahhhhhh and sand between your toes is lovely.....
Beach girls don't mind their denim wet and and a mucky little pup...When we get home a hot bath will be run and the washing machine will be humming....



'Ooooh Mummy look bubbles,pretty white bubbles' 

Beatrix is enjoying her new life by the sea...All new and so much to 'sea'....


She likes to run to her dad but after a minute she spins around to check where i am,She and i are very close,maybe too close but  you can't help but love her,she is quite the charmer.


Sparkle and shimmer and the taste of salt on your lips....Everything we dreamed of and a little more...


Back up the hill....See Steve's legs in the top right hand corner? and see Beatrix running back down to check where i am ? ;) eek look at the colour of her paws!!!

After a little walk we reach our picket fence with daisies and Lavender peeking through....


And roses too.....


A peek in the kitchen window where strawberries,sage and roses are lazing in the sunshine...


We are 'Home Sweet Home'




I hope you are well and have enjoyed the lovely Summer we have been having so far,Will you
join me next time for more cottage garden flowers and goings on from our place and yours Shingle Cottage?
XxX

23 comments:

  1. I am a beach girl too--and I love your ocean pictures! Having to vacuum sand out of my couch doesn't bother me at all! (thats what happened when the dogs got on the couch after we went the other day) Your post made me feel relaxed :) I need to go back to the beach :)! Enjoy your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a part of it isn't it Sandy? i don't mind at all and there is nothing wrong with our furry friends bringing home a little sand after all we bring shells and pebbles.
      Have a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  2. I'm a beach girl too, can I join your club? Love sand between my toes, the crash and roar of the sea, the pebbles shifting and rolling under the waves ... oh I could go on forever!

    Love your pictures, so fresh and summery, and so pleased you've settled into Shingle Cottage, it's just perfect ...

    Love your header ... perhaps that pretty cottage is just out of picture on my header?

    Have a fabulous weekend with Steve

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Claire who needs the beach boys eh? It would be love;y to have the 'Beach Girls' and i guess we are the first members ;)
      I'm coming to see your header now (oh yes your right!) *smiles*

      Thank you and you have a lovely weekend with your Steve too xxx

      Delete
  3. So thrilled to see a new post! Love the new header. I am very envious of your "backyard", thanks for the beautiful pictures. I can't wait to see some from the inside. Enjoy your dream life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back on track now Sharon :) posts will be coming,I have lots to show you inside ;)
      Have a lovely weekend xxxx

      Delete
  4. I felt like I was right there with you Krissie! It looks wonderful, enjoy these summer days as soon the fall and winter will be fast upon us. It has been fantastic weather around Boston lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were Amy ;) yes you can kind of feel the fall in the air early mornings can't you? It's on it's way and then oooh i'll be lighting the fire,lovely! xxxx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful area you live in. Can't wait to see your cottage updates. You're new header is adorable. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi K, love the new header, as soon as I saw it, I knew it depicted your cottage...so romantic and old worldly. Glad you're all unpacked and getting to enjoy the beach. Looking forward to seeing more photos! Have a beautiful weekend with your loved one! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon :)
      Thank you,It's a lovely picture,Maybe i should get some chickens? I hope all is well with you,
      Have a lovely weekend xxxx

      Delete
  7. How happy you must be to finally settled in your dream cottage. The sea is so inviting. I'd be spending all of my time there. You sound so happy. In such a world ofr grief I love reading about people who work hard and have accomplished their dream. I love that you are sharing your story with us spreading joy and happiness. While Steve works in the city and has to commute, you have your dream. How wonderful. Have a fabulous week end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann :)
      Yes at last it came true and i finally get to wake up here day after day,It's still like a dream to me and i feel very lucky!
      It's so lovely to have Steve home and i can't wait until it is forever,Enjoy your weekend xxx

      Delete
  8. A DREAM COME TRUE! LOVELY PICTURES AND YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB WITH SHINGLE COTTAGE. HUGS AND GREETINGS FROM TEXAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Caroline it really is for me :) thank you and seding Love to you xxx

      Delete
  9. I love the water...but hate the sand...lol. Beautiful photos...and yes that painting is beautiful.Love your new header :-)
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne :)
      My friend hates the sand too lol and i love to sink my toes in it :) Thank you! I'm so glad everyone likes the new header,
      Have a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
  10. Hi, love your new header but cannot wait to see inside Shingle Cottage, please can we have some photos sooooon?Very best wishes Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh... My... Gosh! That all looks just so wonderful i think i may die. Just look at that heavenly ocean... and your roses, and flowers, and picket fence, and pink cabinets! I am so so happy for you, and just for fun, i'm gonna pretend shingle cottage is my cottage, and i'm walking back from that wonderful beach, with my sweet little dog, right up to that adorable little cottage... you don't mind if i pretend that do you??? smile...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss your posts. I scroll through my blogs each day to see if you have a new one so I can read it first. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, your home sweet home is a dream come true. Your Beatrix reminds ne of my Bella Bleu on the beach. She loves it. My hubby gas wiorked three hrs away near San Fransisco for two years so we only see each other on weekends too. It is hard but love endures all things. I sure have missed you! I have to re add you to my blog roll. Some how you disappeared!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x