Monday, 22 December 2014

Christmas Dreaming


Hello again,are you all ready for Christmas?

We are nearly all done here at Shingle Cottage ...

White Christmas was on the television this afternoon and i hummed along as i covered my little Christmas cake in marzipan and snowy royal icing,later i trimmed the kitchen with glass baubles and trimmings...it was a lovely way to spend the day.

The fire is crackling in the room and pink candles along with fairy lights are twinkling and sending out a lovely glow....

The  Christmas tree all dressed in white and gold with snowy flocked wreaths hanging from the mirror...

A decanter of brandy to warm you by the fire for when you come in from the cold...


 A little spooly doll tops the tree made by my lovely friend Niki of Nostalgia At The Stone House
  

A decanter filled with red wine so it can breathe for when Steve gets home,he is all that is missing from the picture.

Beatrix can't stay awake for long when the fire is burning....i'm guessing a few of you would snuggle up next to her ;)


 A Christmas swag of greens lays across the mantle piece and the brass has been cleaned all ready for Santa Claus.


 Coal fires give such a warm cozy glow....


Dusky rose,green and gold baubles,roses and frosted mistletoe among the fairy lights...


Pink candles tucked inside too....


A lovely old chair filled with feather cushions by the fireside to warm your toes and dream a while...


I always dream of a white Christmas every year....that would be the loveliest present for me...


Large snow flakes slowly swirling down....


wrapping everything in a blanket of white...


Oh dear i started dreaming too...are you still awake or did you nod off with the heat from the fire?


Shall we pour a brandy or a glass of red wine and bring out the mince pies and Christmas cake?.....oh wait  look! little Beatrix is still Christmas dreaming....

I think we should toast to a very Merry Christmas and then join her don't you?

Merry Christmas!!! 

Will you join me next time for more tales and goings from our place and yours Shingle Cottage?
XxX

19 comments:

  1. It is A Dreamy Christmas in your Shingle Cottage. I think I will cozy up with Beatrix xx. Merry merriment to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and cozy. I can really feel myself all snuggled up to the fire... Beatrix has the best idea! Brandy please... warm me up nicely .
    Luv the soft colours....
    Happy Christmas.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Krissie...All is looking magical...I think you have the white Christmas you are dreaming of...with a dash of pink of course! ;-))
    Thank you for the mention - Spoolie fairy looks perfect on your tree :)

    Have a lovely time,
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I'll have a glass of wine, please, and a snuggle with Beatrice! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous Christmas in your wonderful home! Everything so romantic and fairy.Your dog is so sweet. Merry Christmas!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks very lovely at your cottage for Christmas! Definitely looks quite cozy by the fire and I'd love a brandy to warm up. : )

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was dreaming with u...... So beautiful. Sending Christmas Wishes.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How magical and enchanting, and of course beautiful! Lovely snoozing Miss Beatriice looks so cosy. And mince pies oh yum! Any. Norfolk Punch in the shops? My fave all nice and steamy, have you ever tried it! A video tour would be splendid, hint hint! A very Merry and blessed Christmas for you and your family, and your sweet cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why yes, I would just love a glass of wine and to cuddle up near the cozy fire in your beautiful fireplace with sweet little Beatrix! I so miss my Lily. I hope that your dream comes true and you have a beautiful blessed WHITE Christmas!
    Merry Christmas from across the pond on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cottage is so pretty, warm, and cheery. Steve will be glad to be home. I don't know how you do it. You have the touch. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to curl up on your sofa with little Beatrix for a nap, especially in your pretty cottage ~ it looks really beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely Christmas story going on in Shingle Cottage and I'm quite envious as you make it all sound so cosy and calm and little darling Beatrix is snoozing in the land of Nod without a care in the world.
    I send wishes of a wonderful Christmas time to you and yours. from me and mine. xx Mary
    P.S. I know I've asked before but can't remember what you said regarding the beautiful floral wallpaper? I would love to find some, also what kind of little doggy is Beatrix? xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart leapt when I heard you had written a new post!! It is like receiving an early Christmas present!! THANKYOU for sharing your fabulous home with us.You have such a magical way of displaying things.Yes I could just fall asleep on that comfy sofa and dream that I had a cottage like yours! (Lucky little Beatrix!) I am now going to look at those lovely pictures once more.I wish you and your family the merriest Christmas. Warm Regards Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear K, your cottage is looking lovely and inviting, all ready for Christmas! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends. I don't think we'll get snow this year, but then again, you never know....Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautifully decorated and all set for Christmas! Merry Christmas to you and yours from Nova Scotia. I will try and send you some snow. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how cozy and inviting your sweet cottage looks. The photo of Beatrix is priceless - it makes me want to cuddle up right next to her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, everything is soooooo beautiful, magical and dreamy! And little Beatrix is too precious there having her nap

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so happy I found your blog again. I have a new computer and lost all my favourites. You really should get your beautiful home in print. Enjoyed your last post on Pickering! I stayed there in a little b&b around 18 years ago. We went to Goathland on the steam train. Although, there were a lot of tourists at the time, because of Heartbeat being filmed there. Happy memories!! It is freezing here on the Sussex Coast, hope it is not too cold where you are! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,thankyou for popping over to my blog,I was so happy when my 'phone pinged a message to say you had "visited" me! I eagerly await a new post from you,I must have read Christmas Dreaming at least three times! I LOVE your posts SO much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x