Saturday, 6 February 2016

Romantic Cottage Bedroom

Hello again,

 It's a cold,windy and very rainy Saturday here at Shingle Cottage but here inside it is nice and cozy sat by the glowing coal fire.....I recently blogged about our cottage being featured in Casa De Sogno magazine and they had featured two pictures of our bedroom within the article,i thought i would show you our bedroom in a little more detail,if you missed the magazine article you can find it here http://shinglecottage.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/cover-girl.html


This is our bedroom below before, Steve had plastered the walls and the tongue and groove ceiling and coving that we had put up together had been white washed,the new floorboards were waiting to be laid and chandelier and wall lights were waiting to be hung....


This is our bedroom today with our chandeliers and furnishings all in place and our old pink cast iron fireplace at the bottom of the bed... 


The windows are south facing so it's lovely and light,the old pink washstand has been in the attic until recently as the top had a hole cut for a bowl and we couldn't find one to fit as they were always too small and fell through the hole...


I found this large Victorian rose covered bowl in a charity shop not too long ago for a few pounds and it was a little too big for the hole,Steve cut it a little bigger for me and it fits a treat,there are towel rails either side and the jug and bowl on the bottom shelf are also very old but not a set but i believe when you have similar colours and florals they can sit happily together....


I have a romantic  Christie Repasy 'Cottage Garden' giclee hanging on the chimney breast and a vitrine full of treasures in the alcove that i have collected over the years...the ornate mirror sat on the fireplace mantle adds romance..



We built the bed canopy that you can see in the mirror ourselves....i will blog about it in my next few posts and now that we have planted a rose garden on the south side of the cottage i am hoping to keep this little cream jug full of blooms come late Spring early Summer...


Soft pinks,antique whites and dusky lavenders look so old world and  romantic with the golden glow of lamps and wall lights...


In a future post i'm going to show you the reflection in the mirror...



Thank you for stopping by and as always wishing you a lovely weekend...

Will you Join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage ?.....

XxX

32 comments:

  1. Such a romantic room. I think that anyone would feel calm and relaxed in that softness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pondside,have a wonderful day x

      Delete
  2. Your room turned out so lovely! It would be hard to be depressed in this room! I love the light and fresh soft colors. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernideen so kind of you to say,have a lovely day x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing all the beautiful details of your bedroom with us. I've followed your incredible renovation of the cottage from the beginning. Every time I look at it, it seems to grow lovelier and lovelier!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh hello Diane,oh thank you for your very kind words,there is so much more for me to share with you,have a wonderful day x

      Delete
  4. Stunning, blissful and so pretty to view! Thanks for sharing! Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lori,have a lovely day x

      Delete
  5. What a pretty and romantic bedroom! Looking forward to seeing the rest of it...
    Happy Sunday!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Gee,have a lovely day! x

      Delete
  6. Oh, how perfectly lovely. Your bedroom is just so cozy and snug, the perfect place to hole up with a tea tray on cold,sunless days. Thank you for sharing this charming room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lala,thank you so much for your kind words,wishing you a wonderful day x

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous so romantic and light! Now you have me waiting with great anticipation for your canopy. Hope you have a lovely Sunday❣Xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary :) thank you so much! we had a lovely Sunday thank you,i hope yours was lovely too xx

      Delete
  8. Good Afternoon,thankyou SO much for sharing your beautiful romantic bedroom,the things you have chosen are all things that I love myself,I have recently done out our spare bedroom in a romantic French/English look and I adore it I want to sleep in it myself but hubby is not very fond of all the bits and pieces!I sometimes wish I had lived in time past when husbands and wives had their own rooms!!Cannot wait to see more.Wishing you a happy pretty Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Georgina,thank you so much for your kind words,i hear this a lot with husbands not wanting to be around romantic and pretty things,it's nice to know you always have your cozy retreat should you need a romantic fix,have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  9. Another delight and a sight to make my heart sing. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary,wishing you a very lovely day x

      Delete
  10. Hi Krissie,
    It's always a joy to stop by your lovely cottage! Your bedroom is gorgeous, love every single detail! I'm so looking forward to visit with you again and read about all those amazing tales happening at Shingle Cottage!
    Blessings!
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wendy :) thank you for your very kind words and thank you for stopping by,wishing you a blessed day x

      Delete
  11. This room is a dream! Such a beautiful, romantic look. The pink wall color is the perfect pink. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Johanna,thank you so much! have a wonderful day x

      Delete
  12. Such a dreamy bedroom. I've been reading through your posts, and I am passionately in love with your cottage. It's breathtaking. Every room is charming, and I can see you have put a lot of heart and soul into your dream cottage and cottage garden. Well done. I think I pinned your kitchen awhile ago as one of my favorites. Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi" and congratulate you on owning such a perfect cottage. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Nancy thank you for leaving such kind words to brighten morning,so kind of you,wishing you a very lovely day xx

      Delete
  13. This room is really a dream! Very romantic and soothing
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra so kind of you to say,wishing you a wonderful day x

      Delete
  14. The bedroom looks so perfect that is hard to believe that someone actually sleeps there. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ann, it doesn't look so tidy first thing on a morning ;) have a lovely day x

      Delete
  15. I wish my husband would let me do something like this! I love the look, but I think he'd kick me out of the house if I tried anything remotely like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x