Thursday, 7 April 2016

Just A Note

It has been a lovely spring day of sunshine and showers,at sunset with Beatrix resting by my feet I stood at the sink and washed the dishes with the sun shining through the kitchen window lighting up the roses on my curtains and the cheery faces of the pansies I bought in town last week,the roses on my china jug are blooming and roses are growing all round the little lamp shade and I listen as the blackbirds in the cottage garden sing evensong,the water gurgling out of the downpipe has brought them to visit again and they sing and sing until the sun drops a little lower and the curtains are pulled closed..



I hope your day has been a lovely one.

XxX

12 comments:

  1. A lovely photo and a little envious thought as we enter into autumn down under. I love spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petal49,i love spring too and all it's colours after the winter time,have a wonderful day x

      Delete
  2. Such a truly peaceful picture... Thank you.
    My day has been lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danette,so glad you had a lovely day too! x

      Delete
  3. This great Earth of ours can give us the most pleasure and heart food for free if we stop long enough to listen and see. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Mary so much beauty all around us and like you say for free,hope your day has been a lovely one x

      Delete
  4. What a delightful scene you paint.I am in the garden alot at the moment creating a new raised bed and placing pots.I have planted a rose Zepherine Drouhin,to grow over and arch that I picked up from Wilko for only £5.I look forward to pictures of your beautiful garden.I wish you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely to be outside pottering about again isn't it Georgina? I have the same rose ready to plant outside the kitchen door,it's perfume is so lovely! happy gardening x

      Delete
  5. Love this picture! The curtains are gorgeous, their fabric is very romantic. Everything is so cozy
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra the curtains are one of my favourite prints by Laura Ashley called 'Trellis Rose' you can sometimes find them on ebay if you wanted to look for some,wishing you a wonderful day x

      Delete
  6. Yes indeed and thank you. The sun is shining here today too and it is most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you had the sun shining Stella and I hope you have had a lovely day x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x