Wednesday, 7 September 2016

September Flowers

After looking at the flowers in our cottage garden early this morning (which I wrote about in my last post) I decided that before Autumn sets in and the gardens go to sleep i would go  out and pick bunches and posies to brighten up our cottage...

Sweetpeas with their delicious scent for the kitchen window ledge...


Or maybe tucked in amongst the china on the plate rack? I love their bright jewel colours...


A cottage posie for the fireplace in the hallway,cosmos,snap dragons,roses and garden pinks...


So cheery and bright and such a lovely perfume too....


Pink and cranberry coloured Cosmo's on the wire shelf as you come in the kitchen door....


One of my favourite hydrangea's in the cottage garden in a pale pink and lime green..


Found itself tucked into my old  1930's thatched cottage teapot,i love hydrangea it's so delicate and pretty...


Talking of September the nights are starting to draw in don't you think? we are lighting the lamps a little earlier each week and I don't think it will be too long until we are sat by roaring fires do you?
 

But before we snuggle down we have the heatwave we are having at the moment to enjoy and fingers crossed it will last as September can be such a beautiful month.

Will you join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage ?

XxX

12 comments:

  1. They are are lovely but the one with the bouquet in the cottage teapot is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernideen,the teapot is my favourite too,have a lovely day x

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty post; I love all your flower bouquets!! I'm an American blogger living in the southeast U.S., and I LOVE your blog. Your cottage is charming and filled with lovely things, and your garden is just amazing to me. I'm smitten with English cottage gardens. :) I traveled to England and Ireland when my husband was there for a work project back in 1999, and I enjoyed the visit so much. I continue to hope that we can return for another visit some day.

    Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures of your home and garden with us.

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise,thank you so much for your very kind words,so kind of you to say.. I hope you do get to visit England again one day,thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day xxx

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful especially the hydrangea. They are one of my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petal49,i love flowers from the garden and the hydrangea are such a lovely colour at the moment as they start to age,have a lovely day xxx

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are absolutely delightful, and look so lovely in your charming cottage. I am jealous of your scented sweetpeas, I have tried various ones, but none have the scent of the sweetpeas I remember from my grandmothers garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LaLa,i bought a packet of seeds that said they were the old fashioned scented mix,i will look to see if I still have the packet with the growers name on so you could look them up,these are very strong and sweet like Grandma's talcum powder or perfume,wishing you a lovely day ahead xxx

      Delete
  5. Your cut flowers always look so beautiful in your pretty tea pots and china. You have worked so hard in the garden, so you should enjoy the pretty flowers inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, it is so lovely to be able to pick them from outside the front door,they last so much longer being so fresh,we are building a pond now so I am hoping to have water lillies next year,hope all is well with you and wishing you a good day xxxx

      Delete
  6. Your flowers and china are absolutely stunning. I love the romantic atmosphere in your home
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty indeed. Your cottage must look and smell beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x