Friday, 30 December 2016

So This Is Christmas

Wasn't it lovely? I do love Christmas time and being snuggled up at home with candles burning brightly..


It was just the three of us this year and I have pampered my Steve and shared half of everything I have nibbled with Beatrix...


I had a beautifully decorated parcel arrive with the postman from my lovely and dear friend Sheryl who I affectionately call Mrs S.D as these are her initials and she in turn calls me Mrs S.C for Shingle Cottage...


Inside were all these handmade gifts,isn't Mrs S.D clever? handmade soaps which smell lovely and are waiting by my bath,a padded heart and other gorgeous bits and bobs,do you see the jingle bell at the top of the picture? that was wrapped with Beatrix's name on it from Auntie Sheryl...awwww.


A beautifully decorated journal which I have a plan for,it has a garden theme with cabbage roses,birds,watering cans and two friends! a little spool jewelled decoration was inside too and a needle felted brooch...

Which i love,i just adore the colours....a cottage by the sea with a flower garden what more could a girl wish for? i can't wait to wear this on my Spring and Summer coats and jackets..


Thank you so very much for our beautiful presents Mrs S.D it was so kind and thoughtful of you,i will treasure all the loveliness you have sent me xxx

Here's Beatrix pushing her jingle bell with her nose and with a knitted pink hot water bottle from Grandma,Beatrix loves hot water bottles and will snuggle up against them to stay cozy so Mum knew this would be a perfect present for her,she has been so spoiled this year with her stocking full of snacks and her reindeer jumper from our good friends which i have forgotten to photograph oops!


Mum popped this little 'I've been good this year' card in Beatrix's stocking and i wanted to share with you how she signs our cards,my Dad passed away many years ago now but Mum always puts him on our cards and doodles a little angel on a cloud,i think it's so sweet... Angel with the paw print is Mum's little dog..


We have had the fire roaring this week and the candles glowing and  fairy lights twinkling...


We had our Christmas dinner by the fireside so we could enjoy the Christmas tree with a bottle of fizz!

I made Steve's favourite boozy brandy trifle and i will be making another today ready for tonight (New Years Eve)

We cut into our homemade Christmas cake (Mum's old recipe) and had it with a tangy,crumbly Wensleydale cheese as is tradition here in Yorkshire dating back to the Victorian times,it goes so well with a nice cup of tea...


It's early New Years Eve morning here at Shingle Cottage and i'm about to start making the base for boozy brandy trifle.....Steve and Beatrix are still sleeping but a cooked breakfast will wake them in a few hours.


Here's Steve over Christmas raising a glass and i am raising my cup of tea as i sit here writing to you and i would like to wish you all the very best for the coming New Year!


Have a very happy New Year when it comes!



Will you join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage?...

XxX

14 comments:

  1. I wouldn't miss your tales at Shingle Cottage and look forward to all your news! Happy you and Steve and your Mum had a wonderful Christmas in your lovely home and sending sweet wishes for the New Year of 2017. Bryan and I had a good and blessed Christmas and look forward to this coming year with time spent at our little rustic cabin in the mountains of New York state. Hopefully, with some education, I will be able to get a garden going at our cabin. Can be very cold there from September through April. Thanks for sharing! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Logan,Happy New Year to you and your family. a new garden sounds wonderful! have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  2. Would you consider sharing your recipe for boozy trifle with a lady in the colonies? Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just wrote a post with the recipe for you Susie,Happy New Year xx

      Delete
  3. Happy 2017,looking forward to more tales from Shingle Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet to read about your lovely home-y cottage Christmas w/Steve and Beatrix. She looks in fine shape and I share her affection for a hot water bottle, though now heat up my bed with an electric blanket. No hot water to deal with.
    The election over here has been so depressing, I have had no interest in Christmas, so did nothing for the first year ever, but maybe next year. Christmas cake looks good. Bet it was delicious. Brought to mind xmas cake with Georgia pecans (but no cheese!), during my days as a military wife. Thanks for the memory. You all be well and be happy through all the new year, and thanks for sharing your lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mj Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. I think your election was a big black cloud just like our Brexit,i can't believe how nasty everyone has been towards each other. wishing you all the very est for the New Year xx

      Delete
  5. Your Christmas sounds and looks wonderful. We sweltered through a very hot period here in Australia. I have a cold/white Christmas on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones Pieta,It's very cold here and we have had some beautiful white heavy frosts,thank goodness for an open fire,hope you have cooled down a little xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh my what a delight to hear about your lovely Christmas! Our your daughter and her husband had a baby boy on Friday morning! He is so sweet, and his name is Dimitri, Dimas for short. Snowing here so not going out tonight. Wish you all a blessed wonderful New Year!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am so happy for you Mary! congratulations such wonderful,wonderful news xxxx can you send me some snow? Happy New Year to you and your loved ones xxx

      Delete
  7. Everything is fairy. Happy new year!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra Happy New Year to you and your family xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x