Thursday, 1 December 2016

Something Old and a few things new

I have made a few changes in our kitchen this last few weeks and one of them is this little barbola mirror that was delivered a week or so ago,it sits on the kitchen window ledge and I love how it reflects the china on the plate rack behind...


I made a lace panel for the window out of a vintage table cloth which looks lovely by lamp light on an evening,the cottage garden is now sleeping so this  flowery ledge will keep me going until spring.


I have my bunch of silk flowers in an old rose print jug which might be getting swapped for a little Christmas tree this weekend...


The barbola is lovely and worn and crackled here and there...


But still has  lots of charm for a cottage kitchen window ledge..


I love the old,aged and time worn things the most don't you?

Will you join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage?

XxX

10 comments:

  1. Love your new little mirror
    yes I love older worn used items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Pea! Lovely window sill, the mirror is so Pretty! Hope December doesn't go as quickly as November, don't You? Have a wonderful time decking the halls. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mirror is so sweet. I used to collect barbola when I found affordable pieces in good condition, but I don't recall ever seeing a mirror as petite as yours - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your kitchen, and the addition of the cute mirror and the beautiful lace curtain are just the perfect cottage touches. I'll be putting a little Christmas tree in our kitchen soon, too. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,my heart always skips a beat when I see there's a new Shingle Cottage post! I have a similar wall mirror in my bathroom.I'vestarteddecorating my home for Christmas,cannot wait to see yours!!Kind regards Georgina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love very much old things. The mirror is very charming and i like very much your romantic kitchen
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cottage kitchen. So inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I do like the old, worn out things the best. They have more life in them, don't they. My problem is I have nowhere to store things when I want to make a change. Doesn't help that I'm a bit of a hoarder either! Your kitchen looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Barbola and have rarely seen these mirrors. I did see some at Brimfield Antique show for quite a bit of money. It looks so pretty in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope all is well, you never mention your hardworking husband anymore. Your blog is a feast for the eyes and always a delight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x