Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Special Delivery

There was a rat a tat tat on the door early yesterday morning,it was the postman with a special delivery from a lovely friend called Niki,inside was a lovely card with one of my favourite birds the blackbird on top holding a festive sprig.

I sent Niki a message asking if it was ok to peek inside and she said yes,i had sent Niki a parcel earlier in the week not knowing she had posted one to me at the same time,such a lovely surprise...


I opened my present very carefully and found the most beautiful vintage dolls china tea tray adorned with cabbage roses,so beautiful..


As I carefully  lifted the packaging underneath I pulled out teacups,a sugar bowl,cream jug, a miniature tea set of rosey loveliness,thank you so very much Niki I will treasure your very thoughtful and generous gift always x


I popped it on a shelf in an old corner cupboard that Steve very kindly put up on the wall at my side of the bed next to my tiny Christmas tree trimmed with Grandma's sparkly brooch,old bracelets and aurora borealis clip on earings, as I stood admiring my Christmas present I heard the chinking of tiny china and pot legs...


The little ones had climbed down from their shelves to see what was going on...where did it come from they asked ?...from the best place I told them 'from a friend with love'


Oh what a lovely thing to do they cried as they shuffled around while oohing and ahhing at all the little roses...'it's so pretty' a little rabbit declared,i smiled and nodded 'it is isn't it?'..


All of a sudden there was a clattering in the front room,i wondered through and found one of Niki's large rag dolls climbing out of the Christmas decoration box... 'are you ok?' I said in a hushed voice...I thought,I mean,i wanted...ermmm, please could I have my own Christmas tree?' she asked...


'Of course you can' I told her it is Christmas after all,she helped herself to little tiny baubles that matched her skirt,some tinsel for her little tree and a basket of berries..... thankfully there was enough for me to finish trimming the big tree today..


As the light began to fade I heard tiny voices singing 'silent night,holy night all is calm all is bright'  I walked through to the bedroom and there in the dark with the Christmas tree twinkling was a little gathering of happy friends enjoying Christmas time and all the loveliness it brings, a bit like me and Niki and all of our friends from around the world....

Awww those little faces

Niki makes the most beautiful creations,fairies and dolls and if you would like to go and have a peek at her online shop here is a link for you http://www.nikifretwell.uk/Catalogue/Shop.php


I hope you are all having fun this week with the  run up to Christmas day,have you remembered everything? all wrapped? tree trimmed? don't worry if not we all get to do it all again next year.
I'll be back before the big day with some pictures of our Christmas tree until then take care and Merry Christmas wishes from our cottage to yours..

Will you join us next time for more goings on from Shingle Cottage?

XxX

14 comments:

  1. Bless you Krissie! The sweetest tale from the sweetest lady! I'm so glad you like your little gift and that it is being enjoyed by all of those, big and small, at Shingle Cottage :)
    Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas! :) xx
    Niki x
    And thank you for my beautiful handmade gift too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niki,Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas from our cottage to yours,love Krissie xxx

      Delete
  2. Well, that is a lovely gift and such a beautiful story to go with it. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stella,wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely gift. Merry Christmas to you and your family
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra,wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas too xxx

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely gift and story to go with it. Happy Christmas and I look forward to more lovely stories in the new year from Shingle Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pieta,wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas xxx

      Delete
  5. What a delight! Your little corner is just bursting with love. I wish a wonderful Christmas to you all. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary,wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas from the three of us xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi,such a charming tale,thankyou for sharing your gift with us,looking forward to seeing your tree.Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgina,our tree is on our latest blog post more traditional this year,Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas XX

      Delete
  7. A darling little teaset! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernideen I'm so in love with it,Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x