Sunday, 26 February 2017

Cottage Flowers

 I popped down to town at the weekend to do our weekly grocery shopping and on the way home I called in to the charity shop and our flower and pet shop to pick a bag of food up for Beatrix, I also picked up a punnet of primula in the prettiest colours...

In  the charity shop next door i found an old embroidered table cloth that I have soaked and brightened, it just needs pressing later on, it is a little thread bare here and there but I just love all the little daisies and gentle faded colours..
 I also bought the platter the primula's are sat on, it is covered in lilac,pink and white sweet pea's..

This little vintage Spring time brooch is a recent buy too....

Lovely Spring flowers in a wicker basket, it features pink,yellow and blue primula and blue muscari..
 I was thrilled to find a cottage cake plate and a violet covered dinner plate...
 Such a beautiful cottage and flower garden...
 I was also lucky to find these two thatched cottage dinner plates depicting lovely scenes of gentler times..
 Which one would be your dream cottage to live in? i love the garden on the first plate especially the colours..
 Talking of gardens, i have been out this morning with my basket of miniature daffodils and crocus that i showed you in my last post, these have now finished flowering so i split the bulbs and sprinkled them in amongst this little patch that i made last year with rocks i found in the garden,there are crocus,cowslip and bluebells starting to come through and there are many bulbs and primula's from the kitchen window ledge last year...
 All planted and a little hoe to tidy up, i'm hoping in a few years this will be a lovely Spring carpet of colour.. 
 I placed a vase of daffodils in the empty space that i brought home with me on the kitchen window ledge, they look cheery from inside and out..
  The first miniature daffodils have also started to flower on the south side of the cottage this weekend...

 I hope you have enjoyed your weekend and that life is treating you kind...


I nearly forgot to mention i found three of the side plates above too, i only remembered when we sat down to have our tea this afternoon...

Have you been out in the garden or found any treasure this weekend? i would love to know...

Will you join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage ?

XxX

18 comments:

  1. Such lovely colours and primula! The plates are really beautiful
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra,wishing you a wonderful week ahead xx

      Delete
  2. Love yr. plates! None like those in rural area where i live in US.
    Today i found daffs blooming in sunny area, plenty of jonquils, and a half dozen purple crocus.
    It's been an unusually warm winter here in the mountains.
    You are so fortunate to have gravel in your garden. I had red clay soil that compacts and every weed seed from my field seems to germinate in the garden! Thanks for sharing your lovely cottage and activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mj,the plates were a lucky find. I am glad has Sprung where you are and that you are enjoying blooms too, the shingle pebbles are everywhere and were here when we arrived thankfully,we are on red clay too and have mixed in lots of compost and farmyard manure it's very cloggy this time of year with the rain,wishing you a lovely week xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, what a whisper of Springtime! Your new dishes are so sweet. We had a dusting of snow, but melted quickly, the foothills to the Cascade Mts had much more snow. If you Google Mt. Baker in Washington state you might see what we see almost every Day! A bowl of vanilla ice cream! The wild Swans are fewer in number, slowly going north to Canada or Alaska. Hope you have a wonderful week!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, oh wow Mt. Baker is beautiful! I saw my first swans this weekend while out on a country drive feeding on something in the middle of a farmers field? hope your weekend was a lovely one and wishing you a happy week ahead xx

      Delete
  4. I love your pieces of crockery that you found especially the thatched cottages. They remind me of some my grandmother had. I wish I knew what happened to them. Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pieta, I love the thatched cottage ones too,i guess mine were someone's Grandma's too? wishing you a lovely week xxx

      Delete
  5. I have been looking for Primula...could not find a one! Will run to the nursery today to have a few of these sweet beauties to cheer our days. All your vintage finds are wonderful, but especially love your little garden with its bounty of Spring bulbs in bloom, LOVELY! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen them here either Logan and then all of a sudden they are all on the little stands outside the shops, I love them and hope you can find some for your garden. ahh thank you for being so kind it's starting to fill up a little now, I am waiting for the cowslip I planted in there to flower they are so pretty and the loveliest yellow, wishing you a wonderful week ahead xxxx

      Delete
  6. Good Morning,it's always a pleasure to see your finds and so pretty they are too! I have a space called GEORGINA in my local antiques centre so I have lots of China in there.I just love anything with flowers on especially Roses! My mini Daffs and Snowdrops are through.Enjoy your future treasure hunts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Georgina, thank you, it must be hard some times to part with your pretty china, happy you are blooming too,wishing you a wonderful day ahead xx

      Delete
  7. I love your floral finds and I think I prefer the cottage on the left hand side for my dream home, I see the other has a pretty stream but that might flood these day so I'll go with keeping snug and cosy in the left one. Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, oh you chose the same cottage as me,i'm in love with the colours in the garden and the smoke swirling from the chimney is so charming,wishing you a wonderful day ahead xx

      Delete
  8. Those plates are absolutely beautiful!! Oh my goodness!! Your little gardens look lovely. xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, I was thrilled to find them xxx

      Delete
  9. I have always loved your blog, especially watching your garden grow. Your home reminds me of a movie I love, Laura? Have you seen this movie? A home by the sea is in the movie. I too have enjoyed some plantings from the garden and would love for you to stop by. We share similar interest. Always beautiful things on your blog.

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.comh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Debby, I have not seen Laura but i'm intrigued and will have to look it up,have a wonderful day xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x