Sunday, 26 March 2017

Happy Mother's Day

 Mothering Sunday

A little vintage framed print with precious words I sent to my Mummy along with a vase of flowers and a card full of kisses!

 Mother, O' Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth.
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek - peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton


Happy Mother's Day to all Mummy's everywhere, wishing you all a wonderful day
XxX

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thank you and the same to you, if it applies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stella,i hope your day has been a lovely one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely poem; thank you for sharing. Mothers' Day here in Oz is on the first Sunday in May.
    Your little poem in the frame is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it Pieta? oh you have something lovely to look forward to an d when the days are warmer too, Mum loved the little poem in the frame,wishing you a lovely day xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the poem. I've only been familiar with the last stanza...so true! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you enjoyed it Barbara I think it's so lovely,have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  5. Quite a tearjerker!My three girls are all grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Georgina but so lovely too,have a wonderful day xx

      Delete
  6. What beautiful verse, must remember to send along to my daughter! A Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Logan, I hope life is treating you well,oh yes do send it to your daughter she will love it too,enjoy your day xx

      Delete
  7. I wish you the same to you. Wondeful pictures
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra,wishing you a lovely day xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x