Friday, 21 April 2017

Easter Week

I hope you had a lovely Easter and enjoyed a chocolate egg or two..


My Mum came to stay on Good Friday and will be staying with us  until Monday, the cottage was Spring cleaned ready for her arrival, i have been sorting a lot of things out lately and getting on track,lots still to do but I 'll talk about that another time,it has been so lovely spending time with my Mum especially cuddling her...


A new mattress was picked up the week before for Mum's bed and I dressed it in striped and floral covers in cheery colours for Spring, a lavender bag was  tucked inside for sweet dreams..


I hung some vintage cottages by the sea  pictures and a kind verse I have been collecting to gaze at while falling asleep...

Easter bunnies waiting in Grandma's bed... Beatrix jumped in yesterday morning and curled up next to Mum for a cuddle and a sleep,it was very cute to see..


Mum arrived with beautiful Spring flowers in her arms..
And chocolate rabbits,cakes,biscuits and other treats that Mum's always bring,it was very kind of her and has made our cup of tea times really such a treat this week...


Spring flowers looking lovely on the bathroom window ledges,thank you Mum xxx


My old violet covered china  was brought out of the cupboard for Easter tea along with a yellow embroidered cloth runner...


I trimmed a basket in old millinery flowers and lace and then it with chocolate eggs wrapped in coloured foil, I baked a simnel cake, it's the first one I have baked and I had good reviews from Steve and Mum, I love the taste so much  and it's one of my favourite cakes. Mum always had a slice of simnel cake for me at Easter time and the taste always takes me back to happy childhood days. 


Branches were picked from the garden and placed in a pitcher jug full of water, they were then trimmed with glass and glittered coloured eggs, bird houses, cards and bunnies were sat  on an old embroidered cloth covered in lazy daisies. it was lovely sat in the bow window with the light shining through...



Mum brought me an Easter flowering cactus that I popped in my cottage plant pot..



Flowers were picked from the garden, bluebells,tiny daffodils,grape hyacinth, wallflowers, cowslip and pulmonaria. little pots of Spring flowers here and there on window ledges,on the dresser and on the table too... I love seasonal flowers especially the ones growing in the garden.

Lilac and lemon eggs were sat in amongst the flowers on the kitchen window ledge...


Chippy,rusty bunnies  and a tiny pot of violets from the garden sat on the kitchen window ledge too...


Me and Mum were so excited to find the tiny violets flowering..


The dresser in the dining room was trimmed for Easter ..

A primrose yellow knitted chick and a bunny in a knitted jacket, old china Spring flowers, my pink birdy childhood egg cup and vintage chick post cards..


Teeny tiny bunnies and more Spring blooms, daffodils and anemone's..

A sweet Staffordshire lamb..


On the dining room window ledge a little Easter tree,bunny and violet barbola mirror and you can just see the pheasant eye daffodils  peeping outside...


The fruit tree's are turning green outside and starting to blossom, i'm hoping it won't be too long before the shrubs grow up and cover the fence, I love greenery and it's somewhere for the birds to nest which brings their sweet song too..


A time to read Easter thoughts and to remember how blessed we are..


Click to enlarge if you would like to read the words...

Mum and I had chance to visit a church fair where we came home with lots of treasures that I will share with you next time.


I hope you had a blessed Easter and that you are enjoying Spring and all the beauty it brings, i'm hoping to blog a little sooner next time, bye for now x.

Will you join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage?
XxX

22 comments:

  1. So many lovely photos and vintage pieces. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernideen, have a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  2. Your cottage looks beautiful; so many lovely bunnies and flowers. So glad you had a wonderful time with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pieta, wishing you a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  3. Hi,what a charming post,I love your little Spring lamb,I bet your Mum had a cosy sleep in that gorgeous room!I cannot wait to see your bargains from the church fete.My Mum bought me some lovely purple tulips that I popped into a jug with purple flowers on,we too had a lovely Easter and went out for lunch this year,a real treat for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgina, Mum said she slept like a log, it has been a lovely week.... so glad you had a lovely time with your Mum too and that you had a lovely jug of flowers also,enjoy the rest of your weekend xxx

      Delete
  4. Krissie what a Delight! Love all the tender wee lovely spring inspired Easter Touches! How much fun to have your Mom visiting and a certain pooch with bunny ears the frosting on the cake. The cake looks yummy by the way. Happy Spring and Easter to you all!xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, the cake tasted lovely even if I say so myself, I couldn't resist popping those bunny ears on Beatrix,wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
  5. Your cottage is positively charming with all of its' Easter and spring touches. So nice that you were able to spend the holiday with your mum. The simnel cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lala, I have so enjoyed having Mum stay we have had a lovely Easter, enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diane,enjoy the rest of your weekend xxxx

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty, sweet Spring cottage, gaily wrapped with pretty flowers everywhere! Is the Simnel Cake made with puff pastry...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Logan, I hope your Easter was a lovely one... Simnel cake is a fruit cake that is topped with marzipan and marzipan balls that is then toasted, I can email you the recipe if you would like it xxx

      Delete
  8. Another beautiful read and gorgeous pics, thank you!πŸƒπŸŒΌπŸƒπŸŒΊπŸƒπŸŒΌπŸƒxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, enjoy the rest of your weekend xxx

      Delete
  9. Really lovely blog, gorgeous photos, you did the bedroom very nicely for your mum!

    Rinty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rinty, Enjoy the rest of your weekend xxxx

      Delete
  10. There is so much to look at, to ponder and to enjoy. I barely put anything out for Easter this year, I enjoyed looking at all of your pretty things. You made your mom feel most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, it has been a lovely week, Mum is hoping to come stay again in a few weeks so something nice to look forward to, wishing you a lovely day ahead xxxx

      Delete
    2. Beautiful post! I just love seeing your posts in my inbox, but wait until I have a quiet moment to sit and really enjoy!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jan for your kind words,have a lovely day xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x